Sunday, May 3, 2009

Adidas by Stella McCartney...'Sink your teeth' .





"I tried to find some kind of sizing review on ‘Adidas by Stella McCartney’ on the net but I had no luck at all. Most of the blogs or official sites tell you how wonderful the product is and how they love it all but no real ‘sink your teeth’ review."


For my first post, I am writing about the 'God sent' if not, 'shrine validated' designer STELLA MCCARTNEY for Adidas. I first came across the beautiful designs when I started to play tennis. Although, at my unusual first penetrating gaze, I thought to myself: - ’can you actually look that girly and have a firm hold on your tennis game?’- Well, let’s not wonder no more, let’s Google! And at this point, I officially declare my ‘Google Image’ search never fails to satisfy my curiosity.

So there, I was faced with WTA player Maria Kirilenko (RUS) on my screen strutting out on McCartney’s girly tennis dresses. I was most impressed. U-l-t-r-a feminine yet she looked independent and strong. If there was a subtitle, it would read: - Rich daddy’s girl determined to make it on her own with the brain daddy gave not trust funds’ OK, so Kirilenko has equally matched ‘God sent’ body as McCartney’s designs, she would still look good wrapped in potato sack. And of course, I am no ‘Maria Kirilenko’!

Nevertheless and doubts aside I decided to give myself a chance to have the brilliantly designed and beautifully cut ‘CLIMALITE®’ fabric (my understanding of the meaning, the fabric dries fast so you don’t feel so drowned in your own sweat thus, the fabric won’t feel heavy even after 2hrs of vigorous tennis) on my skin.

My first shopping destination, eBay.

Why? Because I live somewhere far away where there are no blissful choices of shopping the big names.


Fantastic deals and loads to choose from but got to be careful with fake items so read the detail feedback and choose your sellers well. Everything was going well for me till I had to choose the size. I tried to find some kind of sizing review on ‘Adidas by Stella McCartney’ on the net but I had no luck at all. Most of the blogs or official sites tell you how wonderful the product is and how they love it all but no real ‘sink your teeth’ review.

Do the sizes run larger, true to size or do they run smaller?

How do they value on comfort when you are ACTUALLY participating in activities and NOT just swaggering in front of your mirror?

Do they have longer or shorter length on skirts and dresses?

If I’m going to buy very pricey athletic apparels, I’d like to know these important factors. Now, just for point of reference, Kirilenko is 5’8” in height in weighs 57.6kg according to http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com . I am 5’8” and weigh 61kg. My best guess would be she wears size US S and I’d wear size US M?....Oh what the heck! Size US M it is! Clicked on ‘check-out’ and finalised my purchase.

After 2 weeks of comfortable wait, my very first ‘Adidas Stella McCartney tennis dress’ arrived. Then my second, third and more to come I suppose. Woo hoo!

OK, let’s get down to serious business, the review:-


Adidas Stella McCartney Tennis Dress



Size: Runs large Fit: Loose Comfort: Very comfy Durability: This dress has ties on both sides at the hip. The ties loosens a little awhile in to your tennis game
Comment: Because the top part is so loose you've got to wear something inside. I didn't really like the inner piece which came with the dress. Instead, I wore one of my own sports bra and it looked great.
Overall: I'd give 8 out of 10 (ten being excellent)






Adidas Stella McCartney Tennis Dress




Size: Runs true to size Fit: Tight on top, loose from high waist to hip Comfort: Very comfy Durability: Very durable
Comment: Absolutely love this dress, very flattering on any types of body I think and feels really light on the body.
Overall: I'd give 9 out of 10 (ten being excellent)






Adidas Stella McCartney Tennis Sports Bra Top



Size: Runs large Fit: Tight Comfort: Very comfy Durability: Not much support at all. In fact, I would not exactly call it a 'bra', more of a top that you would wear inside a loose top.
Overall: I'd give 6 out of 10 (ten being excellent)






Adidas Stella McCartney Run Track Shorts



Size: Runs true to size Fit: Loose Comfort: Very comfy Durability: Durable
Comment: Very cute, need to wear longer and loose top if you don't have a flat tummy :p
Overall: I'd give 8 out of 10 (ten being excellent)






Adidas Stella McCartney Tennis Skirt




Size: Runs large Fit: Loose Comfort: Very comfy Durability: Durable
Overall: I'd give 8 out of 10 (ten being excellent)






Adidas Stella McCartney Tennis Skirt


Size: Runs large Fit: Loose Comfort: Very comfy Durability: Very durable
Overall: I'd give 9 out of 10 (ten being excellent)







Size: Runs true to size Fit: Tight Comfort: Very comfy Durability: Very durable
Overall: I'd give 9 out of 10 (ten being excellent)




I will be posting more reviews as they arrive.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! Thanks so much for your candor. I'm on ebay as I write and am speculating size for the "perfect run" tank (cut out back, super similar to yours) and the run woven shorts. I was hoping the tank ran large as I can only find it in xs. I'll post as soon as I receive everything.

    ReplyDelete